CHRIS HALL MEMORIAL
(Due to SSL by January 1, 2018)
Chris Hall had a love for the game of lacrosse. He enjoyed the time he could spend with his three children while coaching them and it became a major part of his family life. He coached for Lake Tapps Lacrosse Club at every age level. He was an assistant high school coach for Bethel Lacrosse Club while simultaneously sitting on the SSL board as president and serving as a US Lacrosse representative for Washington State. He went on to found Orting Lacrosse Club where he also coached until the last days of his life.
Chris loved nothing more than introducing new players to the game and watching them grow to love lacrosse. This scholarship is meant to continue Chris’ legacy by offering one player the financial means to pay for a season of club fees, purchase an initial set of gear and a first stick.
(Downloadable Form Click Here)
Phone: __________________ Email: _________________________________
School: ____________________________ Grade Level_______ Grades__________
What do you want to be when you grow up? ______________________________________________________
Short Answer Questions:
Why do you want to play lacrosse? ______________________________________________________________
What other sports/activities do you participate in? __________________________________________________
Which extracurricular activity means the most to you and why?________________________________________
What person in life most inspires you and why?____________________________________________________
What are the goals that you want to achieve and why?_______________________________________________
Two Letters of Recommendation must be submitted with using the attached guidelines
1) Plan on playing an entire season with their club.
2) Applicant must be affiliated with a club within SSL boundaries.
3) Scholarship money must be used for sign-up fee and lacrosse gear.
4) Applicant must personally complete the application packet.
5) All communication about the scholarship application must come from the applicant and his or her family. SSL will direct any communication directly back to the applicant.
6) Upon acceptance, the funds will be sent directly to the club that the applicant is associated with.
The selection committee shall be comprised of three members of the SSL board. Committee members shall not be related to any of the scholarship applicants. Application deadline shall align with individual clubs registration.