South Sound Lacrosse League (SSLL) - Game Information Sheet
(THESE ARE TO BE PRESENT AT EACH GAME TABLE)
SSLL SANCTIONED GAME – All SSL sanctioned games will have at least one official from WALOA.
EMERGENCIES- Properly stocked first aid kit, emergency contact list for all players, cell phone on the sidelines for emergencies and the address of the location.
- Must be staffed by 2 Adults from each team.
- Bench Staff is part of Officiating Crew and is a neutral party.
- No openly cheering, celebrating, or giving commentary, etc.
- Team Picture Roster must be in team score book.
- Swing Player allowed - 7/8 and 5/6 if less than 13 players, no more than 13 total player for the game. 3/4 if less than 10 players, no more than 10 total players for the game.
- Playing down a grade is not allowed.
- Other Coach and Scorer’s Table must be notified if Swing Players used.
- Is responsible to make sure they do not have the same colored jerseys.
- Will provide good quality game-balls & end-line/side-line balls.
- Responsible for conduct of their own coaches, players and spectators.
- Responsible to provide a Field Manager that is easily identifiable to monitor and assist with conduct of spectators.
- Parents/spectators sit on the opposite side of bench, unless a permanent barrier separating from bench area.
GAME LENGTH 5/6 AND 7/8 DIVISIONS - Four 10 minute stop clock quarters, two (2) stop clock timeouts are permitted per half. There will be a 2 minute break between each quarter and a 5 minute break at the half.
- Overtime – 4 minute stop clock sudden victory overtime. A second 4 minute overtime can be used if still tied. After two overtimes, if agreed and time allows, additional overtimes can be used. One (1) stop clock timeout per overtime. Braveheart will not be used to determine a winnner at any level.
GAME LENGTH 3/4 DIVISION - Four 10 minute running clock quarters, one (1) stop clock timeout is permitted per half. There will be a 2 minute break between each quarter and a 5 minute break at the half.
- Overtime - 4 minute running clock sudden victory overtime. A second overtime can used if still tied. After two overtimes, if agreed and time allows, additional overtimes can be used. One (1) stop clock timeout per overtime. Braveheart will not be used to determine a winnner at any level.
PLAYING RULES - National Federation of High Schools (NFHS) rules with the following exceptions and clarifications:
- All age divisions will serve time in penalty box with and play Man-down.
- If a player receives 3 personal fouls or 5 minutes of accumulatively personal fouls, they are disqualified.
- Body checking is permitted at 7/8th & 5/6 grade only, no take-out checks. No body checking permitted at 3/4th level.
- No 1-handed stick checks allowed.
- Goalies will wear appropriate chest protection, throat protection and elbow pads.
- At 7/8 & 5/6 when clearing the 20 second midfield limit and 10 seconds touch of the box are enforced.
- At 7/8 & 5/6 Team leading by 4 or less goals must "Get in In, Keep it In" during the last 2 Minutes of game. Offensive Stalling also may be enforced when the officials feels nessesary.
- The 3/4 will play US Lacrosse U12, 7v7, 60yd x 35yd field, sticks must be between 37 to 42 inches, no Long Stick are allowed.
- Mercy Rule – When a 5-point lead, trailing team given the ball in lieu of a face-off - unless waived by coach of trailing team.
CONDUCT/PERSONAL FOULS & EJECTION
- Any player or coach using derogatory language or taunts, a player, coach, or referee will receive:
1st Offense: 1 minute non-releasable. 2nd Offense: 3 minute non-releasable. 3rd Offense: ejection
- Ejection of a player, coach, or spectator by an Official or Field Manager will expel them from the next scheduled game as well.
REMINDER – Email to
the final score, any referee no show or other issues.
3/4 7v7 - South Sound Lacrosse League (SSLL) - Game Information Sheet
(THESE ARE TO BE PRESENT AT EACH GAME TABLE)
Additional Rules for the 3/4 7v7 Games - Emphasis on fun and sportsmanship
- 60yds x 35yds - 6'x6' goals - 9' crease radius - Goal line is 10yds from the end line - substitution box is 16 yds wide
- Field players - lacrosse helmet, shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves, intra-oral mouth protector, athletic cup
- Goalie - lacrosse helmet, elbow pads, gloves, intra-oral mouth protector, athletic cup, a throat protector, chest protector
- Sticks - no long sticks allow - field player sticks must be between 37" and 42" in length - goalie stick 40" and 72"
Number of Players
- 7v7 - 1 goalie, 2 defenders, 2 midfielders, 2 attack - must have a minimum of 5 players on the field to start or continue a
- Not permitted on the field - must stay in the coach's box - coach's box is the end of substitution box to goal line extended
Face Off Position
- One midfielder at the center X to take the face off - the second midfielder is out of bounds on the player sideline between the substitution cones with the side line acting as the wing line - defenders are located behind their goal line extended - attack are located behind the oppositions goal line extended - goalie is confined to the crease.
- At the whistle, the wing midfielders are released - All other players are confined to their areas until possession of the ball, ball goes out of bounds, the ball crosses the goal line extended or a whistle stops play.
- After possession of the ball off a face off, offensive team MUST attempt 2 passes prior to shooting on goal. Technical Foul, and a change of possession where the shot was taken from on the field.
- 1 Man Down, no wing midfielder allowed - 2 Man Down, no midfielders a defender can take the face off, but must stay onsides.
- Technical Foul - change of position
- More than 4 players in the offensive half of the field including players in the penalty box.
- More than 5 player in the defensive half of the field including players in the penalty box.
Body Contact Allowed
- NO BODY CHECKS - Legal to push with like pressure when within 3 yds of the ball - Incidental Contact
Stick Checks Allowed
- Only stick checks permitted are lift checks, poke checks, and downward stick checks - checks are to sticks and gloves ONLY and on a check, the head of the stick cannot come above the shoulders of the player.
- Same as 5/6 and 7/8 - on the fly, at a dead ball - do not need to substitute the whole team at once.
- Ball will start from the nearest spot from where play was stopped. If that point is within 15yds of the goal, the ball will be placed laterally five yards from the nearest sideline since there is no offensive box to start outside of on the field.
- If a loose ball is not pick up quickly and there are two or more players in the "scrum" , "or stuck ball" the official can/may stop play and award the ball to a team using the Alternating Possession Rules.